STEP INSIDE THE GRAND CEDAR HOUSE AND EXPERIENCE IT FOR YOURSELF.
Grand Cedar is a boutique home, where the amenities, rooms and food is amongst the very best in aged care residential living.
Grand Cedar was designed and built with the mission of making it the best aged care home of its kind in Australia.
- Movie theatre
- BBQ patio area
- Beauty and hair salon
- Private function room for special family dinners and events (with an optional catering service)
- Café Grand – for residents and their guests to enjoy
- Easy on-site parking for visitors
We want you to feel right at home at Grand Cedar, so we’ve added some extra features to make every room comfortable.
- The average room size is 26sqm
- Mattresses are pressure relieving and Hi-Lo electrically adjustable beds
- Rooms have ‘Smart Wiring’ which includes movement sensors in beds, light sensors and security sensors
- Each room has individual air conditioning and heating controls
- There are well appointed storage cabinets, guest chairs and side tables
- A flat screen LED Smart television is installed
- There are adjoining rooms available for couples
- There is the option to have access to wireless internet and a personal telephone
If you love the finer things in life, then you’ll love the Grand Cedar food experience – led by our food ambassador Matthew Butcher.
Meet Matthew Butcher, Grand Cedar’s Food Ambassador
Originally from the quaint northern Victorian town of Echuca, Matthew Butcher’s passion for cooking came from working in his family’s business. Immersing himself in the region’s outstanding local produce and cooking hearty country dishes.
Working alongside some of the industry’s most highly acclaimed chefs (Gordon Ramsay, Shannon Bennett and Ryan Clift) Matthew has established himself in both the national and international food culture with his wealth of diverse influences and creative attributes.
Matthew is equally as passionate about food as he is about family. Because of his undeniable love of family and food, it is with much pleasure and gratitude that he will be Grand Cedar’s food ambassador and designing select dishes for our menu. For him, there is no better feeling that seeing a meal bring people together and watching the unmistakable look of satisfaction on beaming faces.
PRIVATE DINING & CAFE
There’s also a private dining room that can be hired along with our fine dining menu for special family dinners and events as well as a fun, social café for all residents and families to enjoy together.
Our lifestyle program has been designed to create enriching experiences for all our residents and we take into consideration your health, personal hobbies and interests.
Our lifestyle activities include:
- Outings and visits to local shops and events such as football matches, cafes, parks and churches (we have our own bus)
- Regular performances by local entertainers
- Games, community activities, clubs
- Happy hours and high teas
- Movie nights
- Restaurant nights
- Walking club
- Beauty salon
- Strength and balance group
- Music and pet therapy
Get In Touch!
Grand Cedar is a premium residential aged care facility in Ashwood. The transition to aged care can be an emotional and challenging time. Our experienced team understand this and are here to help you every step of the way.